my kingdom, for a kiss.

today was fine. not the so-so or okay kind of fine. the pure kind. calm and quiet. i spent hours sewing flowers from old fabric and putting a waistband into a skirt that used to be a dress. i mopped the floors and made sure the towel above the bathroom sink hung evenly. i spent a little while – or a long while? – thinking about the possibilities of last week, today, tomorrow, this year. i've noticed, on days like today, even my what ifs have a way of knowing how to behave. a little while ago i made a video of my house to send to my dad, so he'll know where his little girl sleeps and eats and spends most of her days...i played with my dogs...they're taking turns looking out the window at me right now. it's good to be loved. it's another fine thing. if anyone asked, i would tell them nothing happened today, and it would be true.


i wanted to sit on my swing in the backyard and write, except i forgot to turn off the sprinkler earlier and now it's a muddy mess. it's not the first time. probably not the last. i have better things to remember, like calling my grandmother once a week.

and...

the main ingredient in that dessert recipe i want to look up one of these days...
&...
knowing jeff buckley was thinking of shakespeare when he wrote "my kingdom for a kiss upon her shoulder"...
&...
anything that happened all those times i should've brought my camera but didn't...
&...
the way his lips gather right before he smiles...
&...


if i ever have a perfect day, it will be on a sunday.



Comments

Popular Posts