A Little Ditty On Joy

I'm playing assistant writer/developmental editor with a fellow writer on a book about business leadership. The book will be officially authored by two men who own a consulting business.
As we dig in to the project, I find myself with that familiar feeling of joy. I love working with people who share my passions. I love finding the words that paint the picture in my mind. I love seeing it all take shape.
Life is so full of challenges, and what a gift it is to find one corner of your world in which you have full confidence in your purpose. And here's the plot twist: That gift is made fuller by its challenges. Even when your corner feels like it's caving in, when things aren't going your way, you don't lose your love for it. You still know you're in the right place.
This reminds me of a conversation I have over and over again with my oldest: A sure path to joy is to perfectly love an imperfect thing.
I struggle with unconditional love and life's imperfections, and so I'm grateful for my love of language — which I see as not simply a career path but truly a part of who I was made to be, and in that way, I'm able to embrace the joy that escapes me in other ways.
Find your joy and don't let go.



Comments

Popular Posts